Category: News & Events
House Swimming Sports
- Published on Monday, 18 February 2019 00:29
- BSC BSC
- 0 Comments
Friday 22nd February
Beechworth Swimming Pool
Normal classes will run Period 1. All students will assemble at school and walk down to the pool in form groups.
As well as the traditional events and the famous Hoola Hoop contest we will also have an Irish Relay, Cork/Golf ball scrambles and Tunnel Ball relays.
Parents are welcome to attend. School buses will pick up bus students at the Beechworth Pool at 3:30pm, town students will be dismissed from the pool.
Bogong are the defending champion house…so come dressed in your house colours, participate and have fun. It will be a great day!
Laptop Program 2018
- Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2018 05:28
- 0 Comments
Computers are an important tool for student learning providing access to: on-line research, DEECD’s eduSTAR.SOE packages of software, local and global communication, online learning modules, online testing, graphic design, online library including video, MAthmatica in senior years to name but a few.
We believe in the ability of technology to transform learning. As a staff we are in the process of enriching our programs to take advantage of technology. 21st century learning skills are vital for this generation and these skills rely on the effective use of technology.
Option 1 School Model
The following is the preferred laptop for students to purchase in 2018 and is available for purchase on-line using following the link http://bworthsc.vic.edu.au/shop.htm
Dell Latitude 3180 – $875.00
11.6″ HD Non-Touch Display
Intel® Celeron® Processor N3350 (6W, 2M cache, up to 2.4 GHz)
M.2 128GB SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive
7265 Wireless Card WLAN & Primary 3-cell
42W/HR Battery. 3 year Warranty
Windows 10 Pro X64 (Education SOE)
1 Combo headphone/microphone jack
1 USD Card Reader
2 USB 3.1 Gen 1
1 Full Size HDMI
This package includes a three year on-site pro-support warranty. This laptop has corporate class features such as AC wireless, Windows 10 Professional, Standard Screen and a 120GB hybrid solid state hard drive. It has been constructed to a U.S. Military Standard tested for durability, pressure, temperature, humidity, shock and vibration so it can handle student life.
* Note: This is a Customised Model designed for the Education department and Student Use.
Advantages of purchasing a BSC model
- Students can use their computer anywhere (home, school, etc.). Administrator/install privileges for home access
- We provide school ICT services such as daily backed up personal network storage to every student, broadband internet, library catalogue, online movie catalogue, compass school manager,
printer access, scanner access, intranet access, learning resources as well as various digital software subscriptions.
- ICT fix-IT centre for free technical support and advice in the Library
- Patches and software updates for known issues as they arise
- Windows Pro x64 EduSTAR.SOE software suite (including over 60 software titles)
- Other software such as Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft’s Windows Defender Antivirus
- Fully compatible with all school security, software and advanced wireless features
- School assisted onsite warranty and spare parts through Dell
- Student orders completed online before 1st December, 2017 will to be delivered to the school by 18th December and configured before 21st December for collection (Christmas Gift maybe?). Orders after this date will be delivered to the school for imaging and delivery to the student at the start of Term 1.
- Laptop can be purchased from the BSC-web-shop located (from 22nd November) at: http://bworthsc.vic.edu.au/shop.htm
- Laptop can be purchased outright, via credit card or direct deposit
- Finance can be provided for via the BSC-web-shop
- There are insurance options available at the BSC-web-shop. We suggest you take the option.
- If you cannot order via the web shop or need to talk to a salesperson about your order, phone “Computers Now” on 03 9554 6034 and tell them you are a parent ordering on the BSC web portal.
How the program is supported by the school
- We have two dedicated staff (Information Technology Leaders) in the Library who support the program as well as a part time Specialist Systems Engineer
- Committed funding to ensure high uptime services
- We supplement the 1:1 program by providing 50 high spec Dell desktops for student use
- Desktop stations in the library
Parents can help us by
- Reminding students to comply with the Network Agreement Policy
- Reminding students to visit the library staff for laptop support assistance with any issues
- Reminding students to bring their laptop to school fully charged
Option 2 BYOD (Bring your own device)
Parents may choose to provide their own device for their student to use. In this case we have minimum requirements for the laptop to work on the school network. They will be able to access the wireless internet and gain access to EduSTAR.SOE software suite (including over 60 software titles) Preferable brands to buy are Dell or Lenovo with an Ethernet port if possible.
The minimum specs for BYOD Laptop is:
- 4 GB of memory, 120 Gigabyte HD
- Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Built-in Network Adapter (Blue Cable)
- OS (Windows 7 to Windows 10)
- Mac Book’s and Ipads are supported for connection to Edustar Wi-Fi
These laptops will not be supported by the IT department
- HP Laptops & Chrome Books
- Any Systems that are more than 7 years old or out of warranty
- Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2018 05:24
- 0 Comments
Our aim is to provide you with all the latest information that will help you make decisions about your future career and your life beyond school. You can use this site to locate University, TAFE and any other type of course across Australia, get information about the VCE, search for job vacancies and much more. Feel free to drop into the Careers Office if you have any questions.