Students in Years 7 to 9 study core Science subjects in accordance with the Victorian Curriculum. They are exposed to a broad range of topics covering the four major disciplines (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Earth Sciences). There is a strong practical focus with students completing scientific experiments and relating their findings to everyday applications.
Through their study of science, students are supported and encouraged to:
- Acquire and apply a range of scientific knowledge and skills in each of the four strands.
- Work co-operatively in groups to design/construct, carry out, evaluate and communicate the results of experiments.
- Complete investigations using appropriate reading, oral and research skills, including those which represent areas of their own interest.
- Work independently and in an organised manner in class and at home. This includes the completion of set homework activities to support classroom learning.
- Gain an appreciation of how science can help them to understand their present world and how it may impact on their futures. This includes problem solving strategies transferable to all aspects of their study program.
- Become familiar with the use of a range of digital technologies in Science, as well as the use and care of scientific equipment.